For the elderly, loneliness can be a challenge. Since older persons often suffer from chronic diseases, sudden injuries and other serious physical ailments, it is important to provide them with timely care and support when they need it. They may also feel more vulnerable to other threats, such as infiltrating their home or in the event of a fire or theft. The installation of a health alert system in a nursing home can provide protection against unforeseen events that could jeopardize their health and safety.
How medical alert systems work
Most medical alert systems come with a bracket and a console, each with a button. When a user encounters an emergency or falls, they can press a button on the suspension or console, depending on what is closest to that point. This will immediately link them to a 24-hour emergency medical center. A customer service representative can access the home entrance and contact details and, if necessary, quickly send the right person for help. Help depending on the seriousness of the situation – whether it’s a friend, family member, neighbor, doctor, ambulance or even police. The representative will remain in touch with the elders to monitor the situation until appropriate assistance arrives.
How health warning systems can improve the lives of older people
- Get quick help in the event of a fall: studies show that more than a third of all older people are injured as a result of the fall. Although in many cases there are no serious injuries, it can sometimes be difficult for people to stand up on their own. To make matters worse, lying unattended can exacerbate minor injuries or lead to other physical problems.
However, if someone has access to a health alert system, they can immediately press the button after the fall and call for help. A customer service representative will not only send assistance to the elderly after determining the nature of the emergency, but will also check which loved ones should be notified.
Many older people limit their range of movement and activity because they fear that an active lifestyle increases the risk of falls. However, this approach limits their fitness and mobility, increasing the risk of falling. Medical alarms can offer the perfect solution in such a situation. Once older people start using the health alert service, they can live happily at home, knowing that help is always there when they need it.
- Seek help in severe cases: if an elderly person has a heart attack or fall that has left him unconscious, he may not be able to press the warning button. Therefore, some medical alert systems, which are usually located on the body, will require regular recording from the elderly. If the system determines that there is a problem, it will warn the call center to send the necessary help without the intervention of an elderly person.
- Round-the-clock monitoring: various health alert systems carry out periodic checks of the system to ensure that the base unit is constantly working properly. In the absence of a response, the control room is immediately informed of the solution to the problem.
- Peace of mind: health alert systems provide the elderly with a safe and secure environment at home. Not only do they help a lot in emergency medical care, but they can also provide protection in the event of a fire, theft or other crisis. Because they usually cost less than the fees charged by aged care facilities and are fairly easy to identify and use, many older people can live safely on their own without worrying about their loved ones.
- Take advantage of additional features: medical alert systems also offer other ways to improve the lives of older people, such as an outside locker with a backup key, a backup battery that keeps the console running even in the event. power outages, buttons in the hallway and bathroom, and warnings that remind you to take medication.
- 24-hour technical team and customer service: Most medical alert companies have customer service personnel and technical teams working around the clock. Thus, if the customer has any problems during the ordering. Using the device, accidentally presses the emergency button or technical problems, the problem can quickly solve the real person at any time.
- For older people who do not want to go to care facilities or nursing homes, or to relatives of these elderly people who are constantly worried about their health and safety, medical alarm systems are the ideal solution. It is therefore not surprising that these devices are in high demand among older people and their families around the world.